Workshops with Jose Miguel Yllescas Juarez
Jose Miguel Yllescas Juarez is a psychologist in Guatemala that has helped countless people. He and his wife are both trained and licensed, and able to present on a variety of topics. Their grass-roots, heart-felt and comforting approach to difficult topics make what they offer a blessing to those that feel despair.
The needs are countless in the communities he serves, and most times the people most needing his help cannot afford to pay for it. Thankfully, there are social workers, adoptive families, women’s and children’s rights advocates and other concerned citizens in Guatemala and around the world that are able to offset the cost of Jose Miguel’s services with donations so that the following types of workshops can be offered to communities in Guatemala.
- Gender-based and Domestic Violence
- Child Abuse
- PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Reproductive Health and Cervical Cancer Screening
- HIV Awareness and Counseling
- Healthy Food Choices and Nutrition Counseling
- Mental Health and Stress Management
- Effective Parenting
- Intermediary with Local Services and Other Nonprofits
- Birth Family Reunion and Relationship Building
- Grief and Loss Counseling
The goal amount of $960 covers a set of six workshops but any donation is highly appreciated! Thank you so much for your support!